On November 1, Human Rights Watch’s Senior Central Asia Researcher, Mihra Rittmann, and director of the Europe & Central Asia division, Hugh Williamson, reported on Karim Massimov’s arbitrary detention, reiterating the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention’s unequivocal call for Massimov’s immediate and unconditional release.
- Massimov’s Case: Karim Massimov Was Arrested because He Refused Order to “Shoot to Kill Without Warning”
- United Nations Committee Against Torture Raises Widespread Ill-Treatment following Bloody January
- Concluding observations on the fourth periodic report of Kazakhstan
- EU needs to take tougher line on Kazakhstan’s Russia co-operation
- “Behind the cloak of secrecy.” Ex-head of KNB Masimov and three of his former deputies sentenced in Astana